I thought it was interesting that he picked all his colors, founts, and images first before he actually creates the website. When I made my website I just made it as I went, but I made sure that everything went together and to only use about two different founts.
I found his points on what makes a good client and the 2 versions of his find-a-maid website interesting. I'm curious what kind of classes you would take in high schools and college to set yourself up for a career in web design. His process and mine were very different in that he chose the color and the font first, while that was one of the last things I did.
I think just his job in general is interesting. He makes a living off of building websites for people. How cool is that? His process was similar to mine by getting the viewers attention and leading them to different topics. Also using the right font and colors to appeal to a certain target market
I liked that he went out of his way and found a new type of job. Umm how much money does he make a year? nothing close at all. Mine is something you know was made by a kid and buddy hahaha
I thought his ideas were discovering ideas was a good idea of having the client help design what the outcome of the website.His process was completely different than mine and he planned much more careful than what I did.
I think his idea about having the colors tell the story was awesome. He puts a lot of detail in his website and his process is way different then mine. He made his presentation really interesting.
What i thought that was interesting was how did the layout of the websites with the colors and how it was designed. Did he want to do this for a living or did he want to do something else. It was pretty close how he picked out what he is going to do and made the colors change to what he was saying and the bigger and bold letters catch peoples eyes.
I like his ideas of making things clean and simple looking. I also wish i would have used more words like he advised because the more words the more people find your website when searching. I also would like to learn more about Google analytics for websites.
I really liked that he looks into the minds of the users when he makes his sites. I like to plan out how the people who use my products are going to use it. I didn't ask how much creativity goes into making the sites, and if he just comes up with the layout and the pictures and the design all by himself. His process was way more complex than my process but we were on the same page when it came to color usage and font style.
The one thing that I noticed about Lance Troxel's presentation was that it was more targeted towards people that are actually interested in web design as a career instead of just explaining the process that he takes to designing a site. Overall it was interesting but way more intricate that I anticipated web site making would be.
I thought he was a great speaker and he was easy to listen to and ask questions. He made everything seem simple and easy to use when making a website. He made it seem interesting and exciting.
He made a good point about how he uses colors to attract where people should direct their attention.Everything he does on a website has a purpose. His process was close but not how we did ours his websites went into more depth
I really liked that he looks into the minds of the users when he makes his sites. I like to plan out how the people who use my products are going to use it. I didn't ask how much creativity goes into making the sites, and if he just comes up with the layout and the pictures and the design all by himself. His process was way more complex than my process but we were on the same page when it came to color usage and font style.
I thought it was interesting was the google analytics which shows him where people go on his website and what part of the website they visit the most. Also I liked how he would use colors to subliminally lead his visitors to a chosen destination. As if he was in control but in reality its just where the customer wants to go. He also did it with font which both ideas was revealed to me. I would like to ask about where his money goes.. He mentioned that he makes $150 an hour however that all doesnt go into pocket and its put back into the company. I dont understand where it would go because the way I see it is that its all a one time buy. Like his software and computer he uses to make the websites. His process had some similarities however he was more detailed about everything and new tools I didnt know.
Lance's presentation on websites was really interesting at the same time he was mainly targeting a class for websites. His career is really interesting, not only does he work on websites but he also works on album cover artwork. another interesting fact is that Lance uses ideas from old magazines. The quote he said "the good ones barrow, but the great ones steal" was also really interesting too.
His hair and beard were nice.
ReplyDeleteI thought that his process itself was interesting and how much time it took.
His process was much better and much more careful than ours was.
I thought it was cool that his sites were like simple and convenient also how he got and idea from a old magazine
ReplyDeleteHis process was way better then mine. He did great it wasn't boring he was pretty funny and he made it interesting.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was interesting that he picked all his colors, founts, and images first before he actually creates the website. When I made my website I just made it as I went, but I made sure that everything went together and to only use about two different founts.
ReplyDeleteI agree with chance his hair and beard were nice. He is very creative with his process. Mine process wasn't as clean as his but I had the idea of it.
ReplyDeleteI found his points on what makes a good client and the 2 versions of his find-a-maid website interesting. I'm curious what kind of classes you would take in high schools and college to set yourself up for a career in web design. His process and mine were very different in that he chose the color and the font first, while that was one of the last things I did.
ReplyDeleteI think just his job in general is interesting. He makes a living off of building websites for people. How cool is that? His process was similar to mine by getting the viewers attention and leading them to different topics. Also using the right font and colors to appeal to a certain target market
ReplyDeleteI liked that he went out of his way and found a new type of job. Umm how much money does he make a year? nothing close at all. Mine is something you know was made by a kid and buddy hahaha
ReplyDeleteI thought his ideas were discovering ideas was a good idea of having the client help design what the outcome of the website.His process was completely different than mine and he planned much more careful than what I did.
ReplyDeleteI think his idea about having the colors tell the story was awesome. He puts a lot of detail in his website and his process is way different then mine. He made his presentation really interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhat i thought that was interesting was how did the layout of the websites with the colors and how it was designed. Did he want to do this for a living or did he want to do something else. It was pretty close how he picked out what he is going to do and made the colors change to what he was saying and the bigger and bold letters catch peoples eyes.
ReplyDeleteI like his ideas of making things clean and simple looking. I also wish i would have used more words like he advised because the more words the more people find your website when searching. I also would like to learn more about Google analytics for websites.
ReplyDeleteI really liked that he looks into the minds of the users when he makes his sites. I like to plan out how the people who use my products are going to use it.
ReplyDeleteI didn't ask how much creativity goes into making the sites, and if he just comes up with the layout and the pictures and the design all by himself.
His process was way more complex than my process but we were on the same page when it came to color usage and font style.
The one thing that I noticed about Lance Troxel's presentation was that it was more targeted towards people that are actually interested in web design as a career instead of just explaining the process that he takes to designing a site. Overall it was interesting but way more intricate that I anticipated web site making would be.
ReplyDeleteI thought he was a great speaker and he was easy to listen to and ask questions. He made everything seem simple and easy to use when making a website. He made it seem interesting and exciting.
ReplyDeleteJesse Humphries
DeleteHe made a good point about how he uses colors to attract where people should direct their attention.Everything he does on a website has a purpose. His process was close but not how we did ours his websites went into more depth
ReplyDeleteI really liked that he looks into the minds of the users when he makes his sites. I like to plan out how the people who use my products are going to use it.
ReplyDeleteI didn't ask how much creativity goes into making the sites, and if he just comes up with the layout and the pictures and the design all by himself.
His process was way more complex than my process but we were on the same page when it came to color usage and font style.
very good speaker and easy to listen to. Awesome website!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was interesting was the google analytics which shows him where people go on his website and what part of the website they visit the most. Also I liked how he would use colors to subliminally lead his visitors to a chosen destination. As if he was in control but in reality its just where the customer wants to go. He also did it with font which both ideas was revealed to me. I would like to ask about where his money goes.. He mentioned that he makes $150 an hour however that all doesnt go into pocket and its put back into the company. I dont understand where it would go because the way I see it is that its all a one time buy. Like his software and computer he uses to make the websites. His process had some similarities however he was more detailed about everything and new tools I didnt know.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was interesting how he designed his sites. His website was much more professional.
ReplyDeleteLance's presentation on websites was really interesting at the same time he was mainly targeting a class for websites. His career is really interesting, not only does he work on websites but he also works on album cover artwork. another interesting fact is that Lance uses ideas from old magazines. The quote he said "the good ones barrow, but the great ones steal" was also really interesting too.
ReplyDelete